The Scoop is a one stop shop for all things happening at FPC each month.
We have exciting opportunities happening at First Presbyterian Church during the week.
- Our 7th – 12th graders meet Wednesdays from 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
- Our 4th – 6th graders meet the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month from 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
- Everyone in 4th – 12th grade is invited to Youth Choir! This meets Sundays from 5:00pm – 6:00pm.
- Everyone is invited to Table Top Games. This is on Sundays from 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
For updates on What’s Happening in Youth Ministries, check out the latest SCOOP found by clicking the button below.
Youth Group Meals Sign-Up
There are TWO opportunities to serve the FPC Youth.
- First, you can serve by bringing a snack to the 4-6th twice monthly Youth Group.
- Second, you can serve by hosting a Dinner for the Junior and High School Youth Group. This valuable opportunity has changed the culture around our youth group dinners. We look forward to sitting around one dinner table, sharing our high and lows of the week, and learning about our various ministries and each other!
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Anna at Anna.Sheetz@FirstPresIowaCity.org.
For information on opportunities for youth (and adults!) on Sunday mornings, check out our Sunday Mornings page. We’d love to meet you!
Our nursery is open every Sunday morning during the church service for children up to 5 years old. We also welcome your children to stay with you during the service if you prefer. We have a full-time Nursery Supervisor and several Part-Time Assistants.
Parents’ Night Out
Okay, Tell me what PNO is.
Parents’ Night Out is a time when parents of children, ages 0–10, can drop their kids off at the church from 5–7:30 and enjoy some time on their own. PNO is held the third Friday of each month.
Yes… I’m listening…
While parents are away, adult volunteers will entertain the children and provide a light supper.
This is getting more interesting, what else?
And, it’s free! Just register your children with Nancy Gardner by email by the third Sunday of every month.
Adult volunteers are always welcome! Please let Nancy know at the above email address if you’re interested in helping out. It’s fun, I promise!