Here are a few resources that may help as you decide how best to support the mission and ministry of First Presbyterian Church.
- Sample Bequest Language (PDF)
- Community Foundation of Johnson County (CFJC) – our endowment fund at the CFJC allows you to take advantage of the Endow Iowa Tax Credit. The tax credit is 25% of the gift and is an effective way to maximize your donation. Visit the Endow Iowa Tax Credit page at the CFJC to learn more.
- Find out more about what an endowment is on our Endowment page
- The 1840 Legacy Society (PDF)
- Donate online right now!
Weddings and Celebrations
- The Fellowship Committee encourages members of our church family to celebrate personal events – birthdays, anniversaries, baptisms, etc. – with their church friends during the Sunday morning fellowship time following worship services. These guidelines are intended to let you and your families know what to expect should you choose to have such a celebration at church. Download Celebrations and Fellowship Policy (PDF).
- We celebrate with you your decision to ask for God’s blessing on your marriage. Marriage is a civil contract between couples. For Christians, marriage is a covenant and commitment to live together before God in a life of discipleship. Most often the marriage is celebrated in the place where the community gathers for worship, offering a public witness to your commitment and acknowledgement by the community of faith. This booklet assists couples with wedding arrangements at First Presbyterian Church. It is meant to help every couple and their families plan a joyous occasion. We welcome your questions once you’ve had a chance to read through our Wedding Guidelines document (PDF).